Root beer Float Cupcakes!
For those who don’t know…. a root beer float is a mix of root beer with scoops of vanilla ice cream served in a glass with a straw! (root beer has no alcohol, it’s not like real beer). This genius recipe turns your cupcakes into a root beer float!
As you can see, you scoop out some of the middle of your cupcake and add ice cream and a touch of root beer inside for taste and then cover it up with whip cream just like a real float!
But make sure you prepare and eat this ASAP cuz it doesn’t hold up for long!
- 2 cups root beer (I used Boylan because it was easy to find and made with cane sugar)
- 1 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pint of vanilla ice cream (you’ll have leftover; you’re welcome)
- Maraschino cherries (optional)
Need more help? contact me @thecakebar I love to help!